Excellent Interactive Intro to Quantum Computing

Freak

I found this article "Quantum computing for the very curious" on Reddit and it was described as an "An accessible yet mathematically technical introduction to quantum computation" which seems to be pretty accurate.

The article is upfront early on that it will require working knowledge of linear algebra, complex numbers, and formal logic gates. In particular it seems to emphasize the necessity for linear algebra knowledge and suggests this YouTube series and these MIT lectures on the subject.

I highly recommend it so far though. It is interactive and has embedded quizzes and things every so far into the text as well as an option to make an account so that it can automatically remind you to do spaced repetition exercises to improve knowledge retention.

I've also read articles, books, and watched a few videos about quantum computing before and thought I had a decent grasp upon the concept. This article, however, makes a point about that toward the beginning, which is that most of these videos and articles constantly make everything a metaphor or a comparison and never give you even the slightest bit of mathematical background. That hurts your understanding of the material at a very core level. I haven't read too far into this article yet, but already just one point they made about the representation of a qubit as a 2 dimensional vector matrix gave me a level of understanding that I don't think I had before.