Post your rig

AK-33

It isn't really one rig, but the family. Showed Wade some of them earlier.

328MT5l.jpg

So, from left to right.

Apple iBook G4 running OpenBSD.
In the back is the Macbook Pro 2015, as you can see from the screen, it is not displaying MacOS. It does dual boot. It dual boots NetBSD and MacOS Big Sur
Infront of that, Dell netbook  running NetBSD.
2007 white polycarbonate Macbook running NetBSD.
Underneath that is a cheap Lenovo Ideapad S340 running Debian.
Behind the laptops is a Mac Mini 2009 running netBSD and my Raspberry Pi 4B is seen on the right below the lego Saturn V. It currently runs FreeBSD.

More images:
MacMini and RPI4B

The off white grey looking keyboard above is a C64 mini from Retrogames. It is a commodore 64 game emulator. I mainly got it because you can put it in "basic" mode and interface with it as if it were a Commodore 64.

Older Macbook

Macbook2015

NetBSDNetBook

iBook G4

Btw, the "Run BSD" stickers you can request for free. They are from an organization in the UK who makes them for people to place on their laptops to sort of advertise the BSD family of Operating Systems.

The Mars postage stamp. I picked up a book of stamps featuring planets with plans to associate planets with machines and using the postage stamps as a physical way to show it on the machines themselves.

Edited by WarFox
grammatical fix
  • I Like This! 1

Awesome rig, @AK-33! The water cooling looks SICK! What are the specs?

I love your family of laptops, @WarFox. Which laptop from the family is your favorite, and why? Also, good looks on the Run BSD stickers - I will consider requesting some if I run BSD in the future.

Here's a 30 second video of my setup.

The tower is not at all impressive, so I didn't show it off. I didn't do any fancy chassis or lights on my rig this round.

Specs:

Operating System
			Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Dual Boot)
			Debian 64-bit (Dual Boot)
		CPU
			Intel Core i9 @ 3.60GHz
			Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
		RAM
			32.0GB
		Motherboard
			Dell Inc. 0H0P0M (U3E1)
		Graphics
			LG ULTRAWIDE (2560x1080@60Hz)
			LG ULTRAWIDE (2560x1080@60Hz)
			HP VH240a (1080x1920@60Hz)
			HP VH240a (1080x1920@60Hz)
			Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Dell)
			4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (Dell)
		Storage
			476GB KXG60ZNV512G NVMe TOSHIBA 512GB (SSD)
			931GB Seagate ST1000DM010-2EP102 (SATA )
			931GB Western Digital WD My Passport 0820 USB Device (USB (SATA) )
			5589GB Western Digital WD My Book 25EE USB Device (USB (SATA) )
			930GB Western Digital WD My Book 1110 USB Device (USB (SATA) )
			4657GB Western Digital WD Game Drive USB Device (USB (SATA) (SSD))

• I Like This! 3

@cwade12cIts hard to save there is for sure a favorite, they are all favorite in their own way. The MBP 2015, I've got to give it to Apple on this, the best touch pad experience. The iBook G4, while it ain't the fastest, something about those old keyboard, it by far has my favorite keyboard. The netbook is great for light work loads or just work involving SSHing into a server while on the couch. But I do often spend most of the time on the MBP 2015 because that is where I do all of my school work.

• Interesting! 1

Interesting! What do you like about the touch pad experience? I am genuinely curious, because I hate touch pads and always try to use an MX Master whenever possible. I'd love to learn more and try new things.

Yeah they are all connected to the same graphics card. I got another table with a huge 42 inch ultra wide monitor that I'd also like to connect, so am going to need a second graphics card now. I'm kind of crazy that way.

Very nice specs! How do you like the i9? I am also rocking the 9900K and do not regret my decision. Do you do a lot of gaming? Your rig is amazing.

Thanks, dude. I love it very much.

The i9, to be honest, has been going to waste. I actually don't do a lot of gaming, at least not with anything that needs an i9. I got it mainly for future-proofing (which was quite silly, given that Specter and Meltdown just came out at the time). I do a lot of machine learning/deep learning, though, but the GPU plays a much bigger role than the CPU in that arena. This is why I'm thinking about an upgrade.

I'm not doing anything with the i9 I can't do with an i7. You?

Let me know how that 42-inch works out for you.

9 hours ago, cwade12c said:

Interesting! What do you like about the touch pad experience? I am genuinely curious, because I hate touch pads and always try to use an MX Master whenever possible. I'd love to learn more and try new things.

I am not sure of the exact construction, but it feels almost like a glass material which just feels smooth when moving around on it. The gestures are pretty nice and it is pretty spacious. In my opinion, hardware wise, the best thing about a Macbook. But I also do at the end of the day prefer a mouse. Having a nice trackpad though is awesome when I am on the couch or on the go rather than at my desk.

For a mouse I use a trackball mouse, probably my best investment in a mouse. Here is the model.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-ergo-m575-wireless-trackball-mouse-black/6440330.p?skuId=6440330&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=863&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItPPn-JPu8gIVuDytBh3YGwlSEAQYBiABEgKmNvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

@AK-33 Sick build! I love how you totally have a case, but do not have a case. That design is awesome. Do you ever feel like it doesn't have enough protection? 

@cwade12c LOVE THE RGB... I am an RGB g00n myself (see down in the build). Not going to lie, I am super duper jelly of your 4 monitors, I currently only have one and need to at least get 2, you have 4. Love it. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS MY FIRST TRUE BUILD -- THAT I DID ENTIRELY BY MYSELF

I use this as my daily driver, for gaming and making YouTube videos. It's not super specked out in terms of CPU or GPU or anything like that, but to me, it's a very respectable unit that I've been dreaming of since I was a little kid.  

If you click on the video creator, you might find dozens of videos on the channel ;)

wadaWdwAD.thumb.png.f56d126fc95f3e00c256b755e27d4d15.png

In case you're interested in all the parts and how much they cost, the rig can be seen below: 

261706760_KlubuildPCPartPicker.thumb.PNG.ef265f8ea94d948432309b3dc5b9d192.PNG

or you could find it yourself on PC parts picker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NBbVj2

You'll find that on PC part picker, it says there is some problems with the build. 

fgdfg.thumb.PNG.c97219397964a193fd98901c9fbea394.PNG

Capturefdgsdfgsdf.thumb.PNG.2673d87adbe70dca23407e4a39b1e39f.PNG

1. I'm not using an older version of the BIOS, I'm even using one better than 2203
  2. "One SATA port is disabled" -- Ok, I got 5 others bro
  3. Yes, I actually had to carve out some of my fans and water cooler in order to get everything to fit.. so this was a valid error I guess XD

I also have some more stuff in my "build" that PC parts picker doesn't have... more of the "cool streaming stuff"

gregterwgwerg.thumb.PNG.1517e35eb708eecb34ce137bf104893b.PNG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for taking a p33k at my build PL0X. 

Edited by M DOT KLU
  • I Like This! 3