Free animation software - Macromedia Flash

Freak

When I was in high school I got really into flash animation and I used to make animated avatars and videos for an old site. Back then I used Adobe Flash CS3 Professional, but it was a pirated copy and the program itself was extremely expensive (as is the modern version). Luckily, there's an extremely similar program called Macromedia Flash 8 that's fully free! (Only compatible with Windows unfortunately)

Now I hear you asking "Freak, isn't Flash a dead technology that isn't used anymore?" Well it isn't supported on modern browsers, but that doesn't mean it's dead. You can still watch flash animations and play flash games in a flash player or something like VLC, but you can also just export any animations you make as an MP4 instead of the traditional SWF.

https://macromedia-flash-8.soft32.com/

• Interesting! 1

Oh man, I think an old HaxMe mission used flash for a login system and you needed to use a SWF decompiler to see the hardcoded password in the authentication logic.

I was unaware of Macromedia, I don't know if I will use Flash ever again, but hey, if I do I will definitely check out this tool.

Thanks for the share!

I think I remember that mission! Back in the day I also found a stolen swf of a popular avatar on the old site I animated for and used a flash decompiler on it, then I looked through it closely to learn how to make better avatars. All my avatars sucked though lmao.