Best VPN?

Aeo

So I have looked into some VPNs and have yet picked one. What do you use and why? How much does it cost? Personally I do not want to spend a yearly fee but by the month for under 15$. But I would like to see what everyone else uses before making up my mind. And as this site is based on privacy and security I think this would be an excellent topic.

• 2 weeks later...

I use Mullvad VPN. I heard various good reviews and they are a self proclaimed privacy focused VPN, which I was looking for. They are 5 euro a month and don't kill your speed too much when using a somewhat local endpoint. (I go from about 200 Mb/s non VPN - 150 Mb/s VPN with the closest endpoint).

They also claim to take cash in all major currencies, which I have yet to try, but haven't seen any reason not to trust them so far.

kat,

I live near the ocean. I get 45mbps to share with nine devices... So far public internet access, nord and Mullvad I would consider. But I think i am more on the nord side. Maybe someone can convince me otherwise?

• 3 months later...

Nord is crap when it comes to torrent if that tickles your fancy. Mullvad supports some more modern protocols beyond ovpn. I’ve only tried nord but a friend praised mullvad a lot. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 6:07 AM, Aeo said:

So I have looked into some VPNs and have yet picked one. What do you use and why? How much does it cost? Personally I do not want to spend a yearly fee but by the month for under 15$. But I would like to see what everyone else uses before making up my mind. And as this site is based on privacy and security I think this would be an excellent topic.

Hello, late answer, but what do you want to use the VPN for?
If you want a VPN with 0% logs we can remove 90% of the "good" VPN's out there

NordVPN and ExpressVPN is a "hot topic" now adays, 
But then you have TorGuard They have yet not proved they are "not logging" but they are using OpenDNS and GoogleDNS who do keeping logs,
(Tor cost $9.99 / month)

PrivateInternetAccess:
Overall Best/cheap VPN i would say PIA (PrivateInternetAcess), They have time after time proved they have a 0 logging policy in court,
They have a good/legit speed up/down and over all good.
Price for this VPN is around $6.95 - $9.95 / Month (depending on there 30% off or not)

PerfectPrivacy
This is one of the better out there, ahead of the game in some parts
 Sure it's a bit higher price then rest VPN for around 12.99$ but if you have the money its worth it.

Overall i would say go with PIA

• 9 months later...
On 4/12/2019 at 12:07 AM, Aeo said:

I use Nord.  Its actually not bad for torrents too.  They have special torrent servers for fast downloads.  I've been happy with them and they say they have a no logs policy in effect.

• 11 months later...

I have been using Outline VPN for a long time. This is a free program
I can run it perfectly with some 5 USD machines on VPS
And quickly manage or delete it