Post your rig

AK-33

Speaking of RGB....dude....

Even your RGB has RGB! What kind of stream deck is that? The matrix confetti was nuts. I'm also really digging the amount of effort that you put into your "logo" or your Klu brand, and the amount of customization put into your rig.

It looks great, dude. That's absolutely epic!

• I Like This! 1

16 hours ago, M DOT KLU said:

@AK-33 Sick build! I love how you totally have a case, but do not have a case. That design is awesome. Do you ever feel like it doesn't have enough protection?

The design was inspired by me getting sick and tired of cleaning out the dust that would accumulate in the fans of traditional towers. This one doesn't get dusty. I take a Swiffer duster to it once a week; once every 4-6 months, I'll use a can of compressed air on the radiator to get rid of the dust and cat fur.

As for protection, it's definitely lacking. If/when I move, I'll need to get creative with some extra padding, especially in-between the tubes. But, yeah ... I'm super worried about transport.

Just for you guys, I reconfigured my PC to turn on the RGB. Its placed under a desk in the 'office' (at home), next to where my wife now also sits while she finishes her PHD. So the whole thing is pretty much hidden. I use 4 monitors with a KVM so that we can switch between the machines, otherwise we have 2 screens each, when we both are working. 

Specs:

Intel Core i9-10900K

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING

Nvidia RTX 3090 TUF gaming OC

Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB

Kingston SKC2500M81000G 1TB

Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB (2016)

Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2018)

Kingston HyperX DDR4 3200 C18 4x16GB

shitty_artifacts.thumb.jpg.d185946b1f0f1352dca582a4b9398985.jpg

Edited by skruf
  • I Like This! 2

Not going to lie, I'd love 64GB of RAM. I have 32GB right now and abuse the hell out of it between Virtual Machines always running, 40 tabs open in Chrome, 200 tabs open in Firefox with tree style tabs (this isn't an exaggeration), Vegas open, Photoshop open, my Nero suite open, etc.

One might argue that I could to better with tab management and only have tools open that I need. My argument is, well, just give me more RAM. I like having a million things running, and actually find myself using 15 tools at once when media authoring.

Edited by cwade12c

The VMs swallow up a bit of my RAM, along with the Chrome and Firefox tabs too, though I don't think I ever had more than 3 VMs running at once. I definitely cannot stand having too many browser tabs open simultaneously -- it'd be like self-inflicted ADHD. I have 32GB as well and don't recall ever needing more than 20, and even that is overkill. I could run a server on my box if I wanted. When I start amassing data for my machine learning experiments, though, it could be a very different story.

I need it suprisingly often, my previous build had 32 and I swapped alot which turns a simple 1 hour script runtime into a week. I often fill the 64 but when I know it will turn into swapping, I run the jobs at our works' cluster(s). I have workloads with machine learning (i.e trying to figure out the interesting data of 1PB of hydroacoustics), NLP (we've done some contractual governmental work, looking for interference from foreign governments etc), and SoMe analysis. Its also super handy when compiling alot of safety critical application (for iintegration testing and so forth), after all bring ups, there's thousands if not millions of distributed components and doing local simulations are super handy, and it can usually take up to 40-50 GB of RAM.

Also, I am retarded so the coding is probably subpar, hence more RAM is super handy😅

• Interesting! 1